Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Happy Sun-Earth Day!


I guess there was a live webcast from Turkey this morning (2:00 am PST) of a total solar eclipse. Needless to say, I missed it due an earlier appointment with my pillow.

But it doesn't matter. You can satisfy any urge to see an eclipse over the web at NASA's video gallery. There are 5 short videos of past eclipses that are lots of fun and even one of my favorite technologies, podcasts! I haven't listened to any yet, hopefully they'll be as good as the Stardate radio shows on NPR.

The video gallery includes animations that describe what's happening during an eclipse. Personally, I still like the old fashioned method for teaching these ideas. Outside of seeing an eclipse in person or watching the eclipse videos, nothing beats making an eclipse with a flashlight and a couple of oranges.

Subject:

technorati tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home