Build your own virus! is a simple, quick, and fun game that provides a good way to introduce students to features that are used to distinguish viruses.
The game works like this:
- First, you choose whether the virus has an envelope or not.
- Next, you choose whether the genome is single or double-stranded.
- Then you pick your favorite kind of nucleic acid - RNA or DNA
- Last, you decide if the viral particle should be small, medium, or large.
- And the site tells you what kind of virus you built (computer is not a choice!).
Subject: Web resources, Microbes